It is that time of year, let's get prepped for the week with this mouthwatering comfort food.
2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, finely chopped
4 cloves minced garlic
5 slices of bacon
14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes
3 oz tomato paste
2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 tablespoon chili flakes (more if you like is spicy)
1 tablespoon cumin
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 cup bone or beef broth
salt and pepper to taste
cheese for topping
1. Cook the bacon in skillet until crispy, drain and set aside. leave a thin layer of bacon grease in skillet and dispose of the rest.
2. Add the onions to the skillet and cook until tender. Add in the ground beef and cook until completely browned.
3. Add the jalapeno and garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add the chili powder, cumin and paprika. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
4. Chop bacon and add to the skillet. Reduce heat to low and add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper.
5. Stir in bone broth and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Or throw everything in crockpot on low and let set until you are ready to eat. Serve topped with cheese and enjoy.